HOW TO OVERCOME FAILURE

Failure isn't failure unless you don't learn from it....

Dr. Ronald Niednagel

Ninety percent of all those who fail are not actually defeated .... They simply quit.------ Paul J.Meyer

 Fear of Failure

Failure - even the sound of the word is negative. What other word except "death" - instills such fear in people? When you hear someone say that a person is a failure, it can conjure up quite a mental image: someone living in poverty- may be friendless - devoid of mnoeny, success, a positive future or even hope.
There are many reasons for failure. By following the undermentioned strategies, one can definitely over come failure.
  1. Identify your last failure and determine to learn from it by asking yourself .............. a. The main reason for the failure. b.What can I do next time in a similar situation that will improve my chances of success? c. Did an area of personal weakness contribute to my failure? if so, what should be the plan to overcome that weakness? d. What must be done to "get back into the game", if it has already not been done so?
  2. Failures can often lead to unexpected opportunities. Examine your life for past failures that ultimately gave you opportunities that you would have otherwise missed. Nearly everyone has at least a few, Based on those observations, think about what opportunities may surface as a result of recent failure. What can you do to seize those current opportunities?
  3. Pick three successful people that you know. Make appointments with each of them, and interview them to find out how they recognized some of the opportunities they seized in their lives. You may even want to ask them whether they see any opportunities currently on the horizon, that would be suitable for you to take advantage of.
  4. Read biographies of people you admire for their tenacity and ability to overcome failure. Write down the personal characteristics and habits they cultivated in order to be successful. Then determine how you can cultivate those same characteristics in your life.
    5.Write your own personal code of persistence (similar to the one written by Harold   Sherman). Post your code where you can see it every day. Evaluate yourself periodically to determine whether or not you are living up to it. 

Harold Sherman 's code of persistence.

  1. I will never give up so long as I know I am right.
  2. I will believe that all things will work out for me if I hang on to the end.
  3. I will be courageous and undismayed in the face of poor odds.
  4. I will not permit anyone to intimidate or deter me from my goals.
  5. I will fight to overcome all physical handicaps and setbacks.
  6. I will try again, again, and yet again to accomplish what I desire.
  7. I will take new faith and resolution from the knowledge that all successful men and women have had to fight defeat and adversity.
  8. I will never surrender to discouragement or despair no matter what seeming obstacles may confront me.

Comments

Popular Posts