The successful  person possesses ...

VISION

Poor eyes limit your sight: poor vision limits your deeds - Franklin Field.

A blind man's world is bounded by the limits of his touch; an ignorant man's world by the limits of his knowledge; a great man's world by the limits of vision - E.Paul Hovey

The Value of Vision

The people who have most powerfully and permanently influenced their generation have been "seers"-- men and women who see more and farther than others. In other words, people who make things happen are people who have vision.
Webster's Dictionary defines the word vision as "something supposedly sen by other than normal sight; .... the ability to perceive something not actually visible, as through mental acuteness, keen foresight .... force or power of imagination."
In literal sense, vision is the ability to physical objects. When we say that a person has good vision, we mean that he can see the objects before him. If he has exceptional vision, he can even see objects that are far away from him.

Success Strategy Activities

  1. Set aside a day to think, reflect, and pray about a vision for your life. Plan to get away from all distractions and interruptions. You may desire to travel out to the country, rent a hotel room, or some other place where you can enjoy solitude.
        Take with you paper and pen, your calendar, any books that may help you. Once you are alone ask yourself the following questions, and write down your answers:
  • What are my talents and gifts? What is it that I can do better than anything else or better than any one else I know?
  • What is my passion? Is there something that touches my heart and gives me added energy to work and accomplish? If so, what is it?
  • What is unique about my personal history? What life experiences do I have that make me unique and give me special insights, experience, and abilities? What can I do that is out of the ordinary?
  • What is unique about the time and place I live in? Vision often emerges as a part of the unique circumstances of a person's life. Geography, political climate, history, economics, cultural background, and a multitude of other factors can all  play a part.
  • What significant people am I in contact with? The talents, gifts, and passions of others with whom you could collaborate, may present opportunities you might not be able to realize alone.
  • What needs do I see that I would like to see filled? Often the desire to meet a need can fuel a vision.
  • What is the greatest thing I can imagine myself doing in my life time? 
Repeat this process once a year or as often as you need to do it. You will probably find that your vision changes over the years. If you go several years with the same vision, and that vision is large - larger than you think you can accomplish - it is likely that you've focused in on a good vision for your life. You may discover in the  in the years to come that the vision only becomes modified or expanded; it does not change dramatically.
2. Set aside several hours to review your current business situation with the goal of discovering a new vision for it that you had not previously considered. Follow the same guidelines as in activity number one: Find a place of solitude and take with you the materials you need. Then write down your answers to the following questions:
  • What talents, gifts, and resources do I possess that I am not currently utilizing?
  • How does the uniqueness of the time and place I live in affect my current business situation?
  • What opportunities do I have are a result of my answer to the previous question?
  • If I had unlimited resources and knew that all my efforts could succeed, what would be my business goal? Remember - dream big!
  • What do I know with a similar vision? How can I help them, and how can they help me?

Comments

Popular Posts