Perils of One's Upbringing




As I walked down the busy sidewalk with my

wife, knowing I was late for Mass, my eye fell

upon one of those unfortunate, ragged

vagabonds that are found in every city these

days. 
Some people turned to stare. Others quickly

looked away as if the sight would somehow

contaminate them.
Recalling my old pastor, Father Mike, who

always admonished me to "care for the sick,

feed the hungry and clothe the naked," I was

moved by some powerful inner urge to reach

out to this unfortunate person.  Wearing what

can only be described as rags, carrying her

treasured worldly possessions in two plastic

bags, my heart was touched by this person's

condition.
Yes, where some people saw only rags, I saw

a true, hidden  beauty. A small voice inside my head called out,

"Reach out, reach out and touch this person!"

So, I went ahead and touched her ....... 
Scroll down 

  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



  

   And now, here I am, in a hospital ,

as you see below ...

    
I won't be at Mass for awhile.
 


 

Comments

Popular Posts