If I Saw My Neighbor Building This Thing,

 I Would Be So Confused. Til I Learned What It Is… WHOA.

March 27, 2014Stories
A designer named Chris Robinson decided to build one of the most off-the-wall ideas… but also one of the coolest. He is constructing a boat that could be tsunami-proof (named Tsunamiball). He was inspired after seeing what happened during the tragic 2011 Japanese tsunami.
So, he took on the challenge to create a solution, came up with a plan and began building. According to the designer, he doesn’t think that a tsunami will hit California. He is only building the tsunami-proof capsule in his backyard in Palo Alto because that is where he is. It’s still a work in progress and there will be many changes to the plan before it is done, but you should look forward to the future, because the Tsunamiball is going to be one of the coolest rides out there.
If you’d like updates on the construction process of the Tsunamiball, visit Chris’s website. I hope I can buy a spot on it!
Source: Tsunamiball
Chris’s work is not only functional, but it is beautiful. Share it with others.

Comments

Popular Posts